Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Holidays: The Best & Worst of Holiday Windows

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
It is not Christmas without the windows, and by now I sure hope everyone has had the opportunity to walk the streets of NYC and view the holiday store windows! (That is what I did over the weekend anyway...)

HOWEVER, that does not mean everyone has windows worth viewing...
Let me break it down for you, the best and worst of this holiday season.

THE BEST:
Bergdorf Goodman

Ship me to sea please!

As usual Bergdorf's takes the thrown as king of holiday windows! Taking us on multiple fantasy adventures (including a safari, the wild west, and a ship to sea) Bergdorf's continues to be known for putting incredible detailing into their windows and creating an atmosphere where your imagination is free to run wild!

Barneys
I expect food samples. Please.
This holiday season Barneys invites us to have a foodie holiday, and goodness knows it is not the holidays without amazing food! The comical windows display some of our favorite cooks and their more entertaining sides. Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, Emeril, Wolfgang Puck, and many more are all seen together enjoying their company and staying warm in....snuggies?

THE WORST:
Bloomingdales
Fail.
There is nothing more disappointing this year than the windows at Bloomingdales. And I don't just mean the "Error" boxes that appear on some of the TV's from Microsoft Windows! 100 TV's display holiday symbols and messages instead of the usual props at Bloomies this year, unexciting and uninspiring. They could have at least gone with Apple. 

Macy's
What?
Yes I know this one is controversial. Though Macy's does feature some very lovely traditional holiday classics, including one featuring Miracle on 34th Street, they also had an animated display that left me.....simply put: annoyed. The animated display shows some nice holiday scenes with cartoon characters doing typical holiday things, POINTLESS. Not only did I think the Kleenex Commercial was about to play, I was just annoyed by the missed opportunity for Macy's to go into something more spectacular. I guess you can't have it all.

I SWEAR these are the same characters from the Kleenex commercials!

For an in-depth look at more holiday windows feel free to look at the posts for The Cut & Racked NY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment