Friday, February 18, 2011

Lea T., Muse to Givenchy's Tisci on Oprah

WARNING: This issues is about Transsexuality, but I am extremely touched with Lea T.'s story enough to share it.

In case you missed yesterday's Oprah, Lea T. was on to share her story of her past, and the future of becoming a woman. A very emotional story, Lea admits she's frightened to get the sex-change surgery.
"I was hoping I was gay. I was like, ok, I'm gay, because for my family it's less painful....I wish I could accept my body as a man....I would be a straight guy, having a girlfriend and a family, daughters, married, a normal life, but it's something in your brain."
The fashion industry has been known as being one of the leaders in starting the conversation to Transsexuality, I find Lea T.'s story fascinating and very touching. As we can see there is a lot more the the fashion industry than pretty close and profit, it is an opportunity to further our society to become more open minded. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment