Friday, October 19, 2012

Trend Report: The Wedge Sneaker



Did you ever wish you could combine the comfort of your favorite athletic shoes with the style of the heels you reserve for going out on Saturday night?  A recent trend that’s been sweeping blogs and street style is just that-- the wedge sneaker.

This awesome alternative to dressing an outfit down just for the sake of your soles was first created by the innovative designer, Isabel Marant. In a recent interview with fashionista.com she explained her inspiration:

“It’s something I did since I was a teenager. I would cut up cork and put pieces of cork into my sneakers because I wanted to look taller. And I always thought about this, what I was doing when I was young, and I thought I should really achieve something around this idea. Sneakers are so comfortable but at the same time it’s not very elegant. To have a little heel in it makes a difference, it gives you legs–I mean, I know women, I am a woman, so I know what we are searching for!”

She does know what we’re looking for-- you can tell just how popular her design has become because the original shoe is selling on ebay for almost $1,000. Luckily there are now some cheaper alternatives because of the great demand for her first design. Here are some of the best:


Athlete Wedge Heel Trainers
Topshop - $75


Studded Sneaker
Zara - $99.90


KG Lexi Wedge Sneaker
ASOS - $175.90


Lleve Sneaker
Steve Madden - $89.95


What do you think of this season’s chic comfort trend?


Source: Fashionista.com


No comments:

Post a Comment