Monday, March 28, 2011

Kate Middleton: Over-saturated?

I am honestly SO OVER Kate Middleton, and this is quite a sad fact considering how excited I was in an earlier post. News on the future royal has recently begun bombarding all of my news and blog feeds, which at first I thought was natural considering the Royal Wedding is next month, but then I asked myself, what is it about her that is so fashionable anyway?

 I guess this is fine....for a Kate. (NOT for a princess)

Enter The Cut's Kate Middleton Look Book. It seems as though since the engagement Kate's sense of style has....diminished. Going through the look book there is the occasional beautiful clean cut skirt suit, dress and jacket set, or exaggerated hat. But who exactly is she a style icon for? At times I can see my mother in a few outfits, and often I find myself confusing her with Lauren Conrad, mediocre casual looks at best. Sure she dresses *cute* but since when exactly does "cute" translate into style icon? The fact is that she is NOT a high-fashion style icon, she is the InStyle to the fashion industry's Vogue world. That is something not to be disputed.


I'm glad I am not the only one thinking this either, Hadley Freeman of the Guardian UK has also published some word on her dislike for the term "style icon" being associated with Kate. Enough of that though. Goodness knows we wouldn't want to continue saturating the already over-packed news feeds with more Kate Middleton news.

I will give the girl credit though, she is the one with the princesses ring on her finger...

NY Mag- The Kate Middleton Look Book

No comments:

Post a Comment