Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life Lessons: Tyra Banks Interview

New York Magazine has published a fantastic interview with the latest entrepreneur in fashion Tyra Banks. Though extremely successful in her modeling career, along with her ANTM series and Tyra talk show, Tyra highlights the importance of going to school and even talks economics with Amy Odell!

Don't let the looks deceive you, Ms. Banks is a genius!
Now attending the Harvard Business School, Banks speaks on the complications of it all, and even on her circle of study buddies, some billionaires she gives advice to when it comes to branding and marketing!!

"I’ve given them lessons on how to brand themselves. I’ve helped some of my classmates on how to strategize to get to the next level of their businesses. And it’s interesting, because here I am sitting there from the entertainment industry and the fashion industry, and I’m giving a billionaire that has a business that’s been in his family for 300 years—I’m giving him advice about strategy! Or how to penetrate the American market! I didn’t know how much I really knew.”

62 Minutes With Tyra Banks-NY Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment